Copyright (c) 2008 Drew Stevens PhD
The economy has taken a dramatic turn for the worst and people are scrambling for numerous reasons. One of the most daunting is the number of individuals being terminated. Unemployment is up and this is not time for that faint of heart.
Terminated 3 times in a six-month period is how to begin a consulting organization, I can attest to the stress. After all, I am an OPP – Out placed Professional. Ironically, it was not long before I began a new career, discovered a new attitude, and controlled by destiny. The key to your success is to use existing selling skills.
1. By natural tendency, selling professionals are inquisitive individuals. The best professionals are detectives and consistently seek new methods for success. Out placed individuals must emulate selling professionals. The best people continually read the press, and research organizations that might need new talent.
2. Selling professionals create communities. Job seeking individuals must tap into existing networks to provide the leads for new opportunities.
3. Conducting searches requires competitive intelligence. The newfound time requires a makeover of your resume to decipher the differentiation you bring to a new opportunity. Draft your resume as a proposal, thinking about outcome and value not about you!
4. Selling professionals never stop asking provocative questions. Job seekers must too. Draft a series of questions that provide insight into opportunities and to the three F’s- Fit, Finances, and Find. Develop questions that provide methods to seek new organizations.
5. Selling professionals know how to close. Job seekers must use closing techniques that advance the search. If you desire employment, you must ask for it. It is imperative to follow up.
6. Job seekers must have a competitive spirit. I recall a young woman I interviewed. She arrived with three manila folders, one for her resume, one with historical information on the company and its products and one on the competition. I hired her on the spot. She was prepared, enthusiastic, and ready for success. When arriving for the interview ensures success, knowing something about the organization you seek employment.
Present employment seekers must be aggressive. The competition is fierce, the opportunities small and the differentiation about equal. Job hunting requires moxie and aggression used during the selling process, the success required to discover and maintain clients. Attempt your best efforts using the success stemming from successful selling professionals and find your new position now!
Every wonder why you are not meeting commission quota? Find out when you subscribe for a FREE “Sell Well Kit”. You’ll get over $1400 of FREE information to help you sell well. Order now at http://www. drewstevensconsulting. com/freestuff
- Pre Employment Testing or Sales Assessment Tests to Hire a Top Sales Executive or Build a Sales Team Hiring good sales people is one of the hardest things...
- C-Level Sales Training Tip 2 – The Prospect Seemed Interested, but the Sales Cycle Is Stalled Sales have a beginning and an end, and you can...
- C-Level Selling – Asking Sales Questions Is Easier Said Than Done Like you, I’ve been selling all my life and what...
- The Global War on Sales Talent – How to Hire and Retain Great Sales Talent “Do not demand accomplishment of those who have no talent....
- Best Job Search Skills To Get That Interview – And That Job! Job search skills come more easily to some than others....
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.