A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor''s book
The Importance Of Exercise in Children
So you have chalked out healthy eating guidelines for your children and it has already started showing results. But have you ever wondered that along with healthy eating diets, how much important is it for your children to have a structured exercise regime? In today’s world where children have to survive in a highly competitive and stressful environment, the relationship between exercise and children needs to be taken seriously. Exercises for children are absolutely essential for their overall physical and mental growth.
Exercise Keeps A Child Fit And Fine
Children who exercise regularly have improved physical fitness, higher level of confidence, higher level of energy and have much better memory than their counterparts who do not exercise. The importance of exercises in children can be only judged by the health benefits that are derived from them. So, let’s discuss the exercise health benefits for children.
1. Children who exercise have stronger immunity and their body’s ability to fight off diseases improves vastly. Most children who regularly exercise are less prone to common children’s health issues like coughs and colds, fevers, allergies etc.
2. Another exercise health benefits in children are reduction of Type 2 Diabetics because of increasing insulin sensitivity and improving of the carbohydrates metabolism.
3. Exercises also help to maintain balanced blood pressure level in the children. Additionally, it has been observed that exercises in children help in improving their cholesterol profile as well.
4. Most children who exercise have stronger cardio vascular system owing to higher pumping activities of the heart. And stronger and healthy heart right from the childhood reduces the chances of heart ailments later in life.
5. Of the numerous exercise health benefits, development of stronger bones, joints and muscles structure in children are of significant importance. This actually helps them in the long run and reduces chances of orthopedics problems a lot when they grow up.
Exercise Is A Great Way To Keep Health Ailments Away
6. Exercises in children can keep away one of the most common children’s health issues in recent times, obesity. As exercises help in burning calories in the bodies, children who exercise regularly are able to reduce body fat and also have controlled weights.
7. Another exercise health benefits in children is increasing blood flow to all the tissues in the body that includes the brain as well. Greater blood flow supplies more oxygen and nutrients to the cells in the children’s bodies. This makes the children more energized.
8. Greater blood flows also lead to higher rate of metabolism in the children’s bodies resulting in detoxification and in the process make the children much fitter. Also, exercises in children increase their breathing and sweating that is again responsible for detoxification as well.
9. Those children who exercise have enhanced brain metabolism which is largely responsible for better brain functions and increased memory.
10. Routine exercises regimes in children help them to concentrate much better in schools and all other activities.
11. There are several studies that substantiate the fact that the children who exercise have decreased level of anxieties, depressions and mood swings. Also exercise enhances their quality of sleep.
Sound Sleep Is Bound To Happen After Exercising
12. Children who exercise have higher self confidence, are more optimistic and have greater self esteem. Since their endurance level increase due to exercises, these children are better equipped to overcome difficulties and challenges in life and supposedly have more positive outlook towards life.
By now you must be fully aware of the relationship between exercise and children. So, if your children are not into any form of exercises, remember they are losing out on all the exercise health benefits. And being responsible parents your objective will definitely be to let your children grow into healthy, active and fit individuals, ready to take on the world!
1 Day Intensives – Dental Consulting, Dental Case Acceptance, Advertising For Dentists, Dental Economics, Dental Marketing, Dental Case Presentation.
Tags: exercise and children, exercises for children, healthy eating diets, healthy eating guidelines Leave a Comment
About Us KidsHealth is more than just the facts about health. As part of The Nemours Foundation’s Center for Children’s Health Media, KidsHealth also provides families with perspective, advice, and comfort about a wide range of physical, emotional, and behavioral issues that affect children and teens.
Be a Fit Kid (11)Good Nutrition (1)health care tips (4)Healthcare Insurance (1)healthy eating (2)Kids health and fitness (13)Speech On Health (1)Uncategorized (2)WP-Cumulus by Roy Tanck and Luke Morton requires Flash Player 9 or better. Blogroll
© 2010 - Healthy Kids is proudly powered by WordPress
Courtesy of Firehost Dedicated servers, Dedicated hosting, Hosted SharePoint