Dandruff is a shedding of the epidermis on the scalp that leads in order to white flakes on the brain, neck, and back. Scalp may also be itchy in addition to red, and eye lids, nose, and brow may be affected. Dandruff is often associated with the growth of the yeast like infection on the scalp, and in most cases it’s produced when the scalp doesn’t obtain a sufficient blood supply or maybe it can be a mild way of seborrheic dermatitis-a scaly, itchy rash that may also affect the eye lids. Consequently there is a insufficient protein in the skin color, which becomes dried and flaky. Dandruff is more widespread in men and may turn into worse by tension, illness, and some tresses products.
- Mix two egg whites with the fresh juice of one lime, and apply to your hair. Let it stay for a half hour, then wash the hair with neem soap.
- Message for a few minutes daily with neem oil (in a sesame oil base).
- Two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds should be soaked overnight in water and in the morning ground into a fine paste. Apply this paste all over the scalp and left for half an hour. Wash the hair thoroughly with soap-nut (ritha) solution or shikakai.
- Make a paste of neem leaves (Azadirachta indica) and apply to the scalp. Leave it on for half an hour and then wash the hair with lukewarm water.
- Mix two tablespoon of green gram powder in half a cup of curd and wash the hair with this mixture twice a week.
- Eat more raw fruits and vegetables.
- Eat yogurt with live cultures.
- Keep hair and scalp clean to avoid accumulation of dead cells.
- Brush your hair daily to improve the circulation and remove any flakiness. Ultraviolet light can reduce the scalp inflammation and ease the flaking problem. So get out in the sun a little, it’ll help your dandruff problem.
- Avoid dairy products, nuts, sugar, and fried foods.
- Avoid alcohol-based hair products such as hair sprays, which tend to dry out the scalp, and mousses, gels, and dyes, which may increase irritation and make dandruff worse.
- Avoid irritating shampoo or soaps.
- Avoid hair dryer as it may aggravate the dandruff.
- Avoid stress.
- Dandruff does not clear up after using these home remedies.
- Scalp becomes red and develops sore patches or crusts.